Thursday, March 20, 2008

the attendance policy vs. the most fabulous weekend ever

“I am SO over you, high school!”

Even now, as I have been accepted to college and am in little danger of failing my classes, I can’t escape!!! Not even one day for CPW!? It doesn’t help that recently the CPW schedule became much more interesting, because now I get to see all the fun things I’m going to miss Thursday until 7:00 PM and Friday between the hours of 1:00 AM to 3:00 PM (and that three o’clock number is being optimistic, assuming that I will be pushing 75 on the highway and I get lucky with traffic lights):

Some of the Fun Things I Will Miss on Thursday/Friday
-Classes
-FOOD everywhere! And it’s free!
-Two separate ice cream parties!?!? No fair!
-EAsT camPUS tour (out of curiosity)
-A capella serenaded dinner
-Bubble wrap hallway (how random! …oh, hold on. haha!)
-Chopstick eating contest (I might get lucky on this one)
-“Spontaneous lectures” at odd hours in the morning
-Capture the Flag at 1AM
-Waffle Breakfast (!!!)
-Classes
-Graffiti!
-Several BBQ’s, my favorite food group
-Did I mention FREE FOOD? L
-Ultimate pick up game

Boo. The moral of the story is that I wish I didn’t live so close, so that “travel” would be a more legitimate excuse to miss school. So all of you who are fortunate enough to live in Far, Far Away: enjoy every fabulous second of CPW you get! Lucky kids.
“Hey, yeah I won’t be here on Friday cause I’m going somewhere. I need the day to travel.”
“Where are you going?”
“A thing for MIT admitted students.”
“Is it at MIT? Like, in Cambridge?”
“Maybe.”
“Isn’t that just 20 minutes down the highway?”
>>This is where I need to get creative.
“Well, actually you know how there’s a lot of engineers there? For a class project, they picked up the whole campus and moved it to Vancouver for the weekend. Isn’t engineering fabulous?”
“Wow! Yes! Okay we’ll count Friday as an excused absence!”
“SCORE!”

Random non-MIT picture today... my bad. Don't lie, this is why you all remember the name "Avogardro" no matter how long ago your last chem class was!
Leave it to Trader Joe's to sell something like this. Needless to say, it was delicious.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I heard they're only going to keep producing that guac until they've made about 6.02 * 10^23 containers of it, then they'll stop forever. But that's probably just an urban legend.

Oh, one of the reasons I'm so excited to go to MIT is that there's a Trader Joe's nearby, since cool grocery stores tend to congregate in locations outside of Wisconsin.

I am so, so, excited.